Scope of Work Copy Editor
USAID TEMAN LPDP
Consultancy Title: Copy Editor
Project: TEMAN LPDP
Location: DKI Jakarta
Indonesian International Education Foundation – IIEF is seeking a Copy Editor for the TEMAN LPDP project that can be of service on an ad-hoc basis. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills, and previous experience in copy editing reports for USAID and its implementing partners. IIEF is a respective Indonesian institution with long-standing expertise in designing and implementing various global and national education and capacity-building programs, including significant experience serving as the USAID contractor for some notable projects. IIEF is committed to promoting the development of the Indonesian people and institutions by expanding access to opportunity, and it offers expertise in scholarship and fellowship management, educational services, institutional capacity building, and testing and certification. For more information about IIEF, please visit www.iief.or.id
Project and Position Description
IIEF got the contract from USAID to implement the USAID TEMAN LPDP program. The USAID Technical and Management Support to Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan (USAID TEMAN LPDP) Activity is a five-year project that aims to enhance the effectiveness of Indonesian scholarship providers using LPDP’s funding or other funding to strengthen its capacity to manage scholarships, build university networks, and undertake sustainable system-level reforms of policies and practices. This project aims to increase the number of Indonesian students receiving scholarships to U.S. non-degree and degree programs. The copy editor will support the USAID TEMAN LPDP team to ensure the documents’ quality meets USAID’s criteria and requirements.
- Copy-edit (annual, quarterly, Monthly, BAST) reports work plans, project monitoring plans, one-pager briefs, success stories, and other documents generated by USAID-funded projects according to the USAID standard guidelines and professional standards.
- Review and correct written content (Word and PowerPoint) for spelling, grammar, syntax, and clarity.
- Check language, grammar, and spelling correctness and conduct a comprehensive document review to ensure flow, clarity, and continuity.
- Rewrite repetitious or ambiguous passages in reports and other documents as necessary.
- Suggest revisions to enhance the overall quality and impact of the content.
- Verify that numerical information, like statistics and dates, is consistent throughout the document.
- Format reports according to USAID branding and marking and follow the report template provided by TEMAN LPDP.
- Correct grammatical, consistency, and typographical errors.
- Assist with other copy-editing and document formatting tasks, as requested.
- Ensure a consistent style and format throughout the document and eliminate repetition and inconsistencies. Ensure all footnotes, sources, and references are complete and consistent.
- Transfer the documents to USAID templates as applicable, carefully ensuring consistent use of fonts, italicized and bolded words, numbering of headings and acronyms, and other abbreviations.
- The Consultant must be proactive and work closely to incorporate inputs from USAID TEMAN LPDP staff.
- The Consultant may proofread, and copy-edit English documents based on the Consultant’s profile and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5 years) working as a copy editor.
- Proven experience in copy editing for USAID or USAID Implementing Partners
- Proficiency in using editing tools such as grammar checkers, style guides (e.g., AP, Chicago Manual of Style), and Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Exceptional grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain consistency in style and tone.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com, and specify “Copy Editor USAID TEMAN LPDP” in the subject line. Deadline: 8 January 2024. This position is open to Indonesian nationals and foreign country nationals residing in Jakarta at a local rate and benefits. IIEF will contact only the qualified candidates for this position.
Salary Offer Based on professional experiences.
- IIEF Disclaimers
- IIEF may perform a background check on any selected vendors.
- IIEF may cancel the solicitation and not award.
- IIEF may reject any or all responses received.
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by IIEF.
- IIEF reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on the failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions.
- IIEF will not compensate any offeror for responding to a solicitation.
- IIEF reserves the right to issue awards based on the initial evaluation of offers without further discussion.
- IIEF may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities.
- IIEF reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies before award determination to promote competition.
- The Consultant will not be allowed to show their branding during the contract/public event.
- The Consultant must already possess the PKP/taxable status.
- IIEF will own all intellectual property during the contract.
- All payment terms must follow IIEF’s regulations.
Confidentiality and Proprietary Interests
The Consultant shall not disclose any proprietary or confidential information related to the consultancy service during the term or after the termination of the assignment without prior written consent. Proprietary interests on all materials and documents prepared by the consultants under the assignment shall become and remain properties of USAID TEMAN LPDP.