Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for USAID/Indonesia – TEMAN LPDP Project
- April 9, 2021
- Category: Career
Indonesian International Education Foundation – IIEF is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia – TEMAN LPDP project.
IIEF is a respective Indonesian institution with a long-standing experience in designing and implementing various global and national programs in education and capacity building, including significant experience in serving as the USAID contractor for some notable projects. IIEF is committed to promoting the development of the Indonesian people and institutions by expanding access to opportunity, and it offers expertise in scholarship and fellowship management, educational services, institutional capacity building, and testing and certification. For more information about IIEF, please visit www.iief.or.id .
Project and Position Description
The USAID Technical and Management Support to Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan (USAID TEMAN LPDP) Activity is a five-year project that aims to enhance the effectiveness of LPDP and strengthen its capacity to manage scholarships, build university networks, and undertake sustainable system-level reforms of policies and practices. The goal of this project is to increase the number of Indonesian students receiving LPDP scholarships to U.S. graduate programs.
The MEL Specialist will be responsible to develop monitoring and evaluation plans for the program activity, work with the Indonesian institutions and clients, as well as other related stakeholders, within the framework of assessing data needs and assist them with understanding and integrating MEL systems into management planning.
- Develop a performance monitoring plan and measurement tools to keep track of progress of any capacity building activities and other related intervention programs or institutional technical assistance efforts;
- Develop a baseline based on the results of the needs assessment conducted to assist LPDP to identify areas for improvement and performance gaps – so that priority capacity building areas can be well measured;
- Develop the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan that tracks LPDP’s accomplishments in accordance with performance goals and targets. Ensure that the gender-sensitive indicators are included in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan developed;
- Take an active role in developing and conducting technical assistance and/or mentoring activities to LPDP team – while liaising with other related stakeholders;
- Take an active role in facilitating knowledge transfer process to the LPDP team members – in each step from the needs assessment, planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluation and close out activities;
- Responsible in the development of PMP and annual monitoring and evaluation plans and budgets as well as in the development of the project Annual Work Plan;
- Responsible in the process of developing and presenting Performance Progress Reports to USAID and IIEF;
- Take an active role in developing a matrix milestone to measure LPDP’s achievements in adopting and implementing best practices from the activity;
- Ensure that data required for demonstrating program impact and lessons learned is collected, analyzed and integrated into program monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Monitor and maintain data quality and flow, program activities, and progress related to impact and sustainability of innovative interventions;
- Responsible in data collecting and management and be able to build the capacity of local institutions;
- Oversee the collection of information and the documentation of progress towards results for all project activities;
- Ensure adherence to technical quality and fulfillment of programmatic activities within the work plan and budget;
- Ensure that all reports are prepared on time for the review of the Chief of Party, and submitted to the donor in timely manner;
- Prepare the Terms of Reference (TOR), consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight for evaluation for results;
- Provide evaluation feedback into policy/project/program design, including comments on various documents, as well as follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations and ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations;
- Responsible in providing analysis and timely reporting of information derived from the program;
- Represent the project at all relevant M&E and other forums as requested as well as attend professional meetings as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or ten or more years of relevant experience in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation approaches;
- Experience in working with scholarships activities is preferred;
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation plans for the program activity.
- Ability to work with the Indonesian institutions and clients within the framework of assessing data needs and assist them with understanding and integrating MEL systems into management planning;
- Familiarity with the GESI Principles would be an advantage;
- Strong communication skills, both personal and written, to fulfill the technical responsibilities proposed;
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] and specify “MEL Specialist” in the subject line. Deadline: 26 April 2021.
This position is contingent upon contract award, and open to Indonesian nationals and foreign country nationals residing in Jakarta. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.